From the Heart of BMa

This Blog is intended for me, BMa, to write from my heart to my two beautiful Grandchildren. They have filled my life with joy and this Blog is to let them know how very much they mean to me. I will also share my inner love for my Daughter, my Mom, my brothers and their familes.

Sunday, January 06, 2008

2007 Special Memories

2007 was a very special year. I had allot happen this year and so much to be greatful. Below are some of the special moments I exerienced during 2007.

January and February I had the rare opportunity to travel to Europe. In a 3 week trip I went to Warsaw, Poland; Vienna, Austria; Athens, Greece and Rome, Italy. Ihis trip was allot of fun. I saw many interesting and historical sites. It was a dream come true. I also travelled with my dear friend Denny who retired in November this year.
Warsaw Poland Athens Greece Rome Italy and Vienna Austria




February 2007 I also had the opportunity to go skiing with my brother David and his family for 10 fun filled days at Jays Peak in Vermont. David rented a cabin right on the slopes, We walked out the back door and skied down to our own chair lift to get to the mountain. We had so much fun. It was the first time I skied like 7 straight days in a row. My body was so sore when we were done, but what a great time we had.






In April we all spent Easter at my Mom's house. We didn't know at the time but this was the last time we would all be together at Mom's for a Holiday celebration. I am so glad that we all spent Easter at her house. We were crowded and slept on matresses on the floor but in the long run it was worth it. We took her to the Brick Alley Pub for dinner. We dyed eggs in her kitchen and had an easter egg hunt in her backyard for the grandchildren. Another memorable time.




In May, I travelled again to Bangkok, Thailand and to Japan. I was gone for two weeks and once again saw the palaces and the budhas. When I returned, it was Memorial Day weekend, I finally did it and bought my brand new car - a 2007 Toyota Solara convertable. I can't find the picture, will have to take a new one a post later.









In July Marx turned 4. Kathy had a super hero party for him. I got there early, picked up GG and helped Kathy get ready for the party. Of course since it was a super hero party, I had to go as a super hero too. Marx was so excited when he saw his B'Ma dressed up as a super hero - the one and only Wonder Woman!!






In June, I had my niece Veronica for one full week to celebrate her birthday. We went to the Phantom of the Opera at the Kennedy Center. Before we went, we went shopping for gowns, got our nails done and then just had fun. I also took Veronica to colonial williamsburg which was a big mistake - it was very hot and not something a 16 year old would enjoy - learned my lesson. We did go to Busch Gardens and Kings Dominion. She also wanted to see the Bunny Bridge and her Uncle Pat and Aunt Michele and her family. We had a good time.

In August had a week with my other niece Tia to also celebrate her 16th birthday. We also had a girls day shopping and getting pampered and we too went to the Phantom of the Opera. Learning my lesson with Veronica - we did not go to Colonial Williamsburg, but instead I took Tia to water world and then Busch Gardens and onwards to Kings Dominion. Tia and I also had a great time.



At the end of August, Kathy, Joel and grandbabies came for a week visit. We spent one of those days at Kings Dominion. I also got to spend some quality alone time with my grandbabies so Kathy and Joel could have some alone time with Joel's parents.



The months of Sep and Oct were spent visiting New Hampshire and RI to make plans to move Mom to her new place in New Hampshire. Oct was my birthday and I turned 52 - not as exciting as last years.


November was a very busy month. I spent two weeks in the RI and New Hampshire moving Mom and getting her settled into her new place. I also spent Thanksgiving at David's. Sadly Kathy, Joel and the kids spent Thanksgiving in VA. I did get to see them over the weekend before they left. I came home the evening the night before they left!!
December was a very nice month. I spent Christmas and New Year's in New Hampshire, took the grandbabies skiing for the first time (see my previous blog) and just had an overall great time.
Look out 2008!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wow when you write it all down aren't you just in awe of the year you had? I know I am. I can't wait for 2008, a new year is a chance for such bright possibilities. I can't wait! Tally ho!!!

     
  • At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know isn't it amazing how much can happen in one year!! I am truely amazed. Love You.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home